The Burden Carrier by Columbia ParCar makes for a very affordable Aircraft Tug, GSE Tug or Electric Personnel Carrier
Our Burden Carrier electric vehicle has a rugged design and is built to last for years of hard service. The standard configuration provides two comfortable bucket seats and a cargo bed of 76″ long by 45″ wide. Without adding any options, the vehicle can carry up to 4,200 lbs. and tow up to 10,000 lbs. You can also upgrade your vehicle to increase these capacities to include carrying 5,200 and towing 14,000 lbs. This vehicle is a perfect fit for the general aviation or airline industries and can be configured to handle several specific tasks.
Using the Burden Carrier as an Aircraft Tug
The Burden Carrier makes a great Aircraft Tug for small aircraft, gse tug for ground support equipment and trailers. It can be equipped with a pintle hitch or ball hitch mounted in the front and/or rear of the vehicle. Being an electric vehicle, you produce no emissions, no noise and consume no fuel. The design of the vehicle gives the operator a great line of sight when towing. The open design also provides a 360 degree view from the drivers seat.
Using the Burden Carrier as a Passenger Vehicle
The Burden Carrier can also be configured to carry up to 4 additional passengers for a total of 6 people. This configuration still allows for a towing capacity of up to 14,000 lbs. The canopy and windshield provides some protection from the elements, and the seating configuration allows for maximum comfort for all passengers. With a top speed of 12 MPH and a range of up to 30 miles, this vehicle proves to be an efficient transportation source for your employees and customers.
The Burden Carrier is highly configurable and can be customized to fit your individual need. We offer various options, including: cab enclosures, van enclosures, bed rails, cargo options, lighting options, warning and safety options, battery capacity options, custom colors & graphics, tire types, seating configurations, etc. If you have a project that requires a heavy-duty, industrial grade electric vehicle, we can design the Burden Carrier to fill your need. Give us a call to discuss your requirements.
- Overall Length:
- Overall Width:
- Overall Height:
- Bed Width:
- Bed Length:
- Step Height
- Load Bed Height:
- Ground Clearance
- Totally enclosed, NEMA class H temperature rated motor
- 15.3 HP @ 1750 rpm
- Eight 6 volt, heavy duty, 220 Amp hour deep cycle
- Built in, micro-processor control, fully sealed, anti-drive away interlock, 110-240 VAC, 50 / v60 HZ
- Controller Type:
- Programmable, solid state, reduced speed reverse with diagnostic LED & calibrator interface
- Controller Rating:
- 400 amp
- Motor Braking Mode:
- Regenerative and pedal proportional braking with top speed limiting
- Directional Control:
- Dash-mounted safety directional key switch
- Chain drive, oil bath, helical gears, 12.52:1 final drive ratio
- Max. Speed:
- 12 MPH
- Turning Radius
- Up to 30 miles
Weight & Capacity
- Vehicle Weight:
- 1,850 lbs.
- Rated Capacity:
- 4200 to optional 5,200 lbs.
- Towing Capacity:
- 10,000 lbs. to optional 14,000 lbs.
- # of Passengers:
- Adjustable bucket seats with arm rests
- Welded heavy duty, 12-gauge structural steel smooth plate body
- Dual recessed head, Tail and brake lights
- Battery discharge indicator, Horn, Reverse warning alarm, Driver seat power interlock switch
- 10 Gauge Steel
- Automotive steering wheel to heavy duty worm and roller gear
- Dual, rear hydraulic drum, hand operated parking brake
- Independent leaf springs
- Integral to chassis/frame
- 5.0” x 8”, pneumatic, 8 ply rating, load range D